It’s week 2 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats hosted by Meal Planning Magic. This week I have another stunning holiday hostess gift for you. When I go to parties I often like to take the hostess a bottle of wine along with a few wine glasses. During the holidays I like to add in a jar of jam or jelly and this cranberry wine jelly pairs wonderfully with a full bodied red wine.
This is one of the easiest jellies I’ve made because it simply has sugar, red wine, and cranberry juice in it. It’s a gorgeous deep red color and the flavor is simple but delicious. It’s great in thumbprint cookies or on toast but it can also be poured over top of a block of cream cheese at a holiday party and then spread onto crackers for an easy but elegant appetizer.
1. Prepare a boiling water canner and 4 half pint jars.
2. Combine the cranberry juice cocktail and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in the liquid pectin and return to a boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the jelly from the heat and stir in the wine. Skim off foam if necessary.
6. Heat in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes with the lid on. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool for 12 hours then check to make sure the lids have sealed. Store for up to 1 year.
**Makes 4 half pints**