This week #SundaySupper is hosted by Conni of The Foodie Army Wife. Conni chose the theme to be Holiday Drinks and Appetizers. When I first heard the theme I immediately wanted to make a holiday drink. I don’t often make cocktails at home but when I do I like them to be pretty and festive.
Since I bought several boxes of candy canes last week I really wanted to make a cocktail that incorporated them into the drink. I saw several recipes for Candy Cane Martini’s and picked one that sounded the best to me.
Vanilla vodka, chocolate vodka, and peppermint schnapps are combined in a shaker filled with ice then poured into a candy cane rimmed glass. While the beverage is clear, it begins to turn pink once a candy cane is hung off the side. It’s a beautiful and festive holiday beverage that tastes amazing too. The chocolate and vanilla vodkas mix together and have just a hint of the peppermint schnapps.
Candy Cane Martini (adapted from 101 Martinis (Wiley & Sons, 2006) by Kim Haasarud as seen on My Recipes)
1 1/4 oz. vanilla vodka
1 1/4 oz. chocolate vodka
1 oz. peppermint schnapps
Candy canes for garnish
1. Crush half of your candy canes and place in a dish. Wet the rim of a martini glass with water and dip the edges into the candy canes.
2. Pour the vanilla vodka, chocolate vodka, and peppermint schnapps into a shaker filled with ice.
3. Shake hard and strain into the prepared martini glass.
4. Garnish with a candy cane.
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Cookies-n-Cream Cocktails from The Urban Mrs
- Cranberry Fizz from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Rosemary Orange Punsch from Galactopdx
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate from Momma’s Meals
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from The Daily Dish Recipes
- Jamaican Sorrel from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Spoons from Chocolate Moosey
- Homemade Eggnog from Flour on my Face
- Moroccan Mint Tea from MarocMama
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wassel from There And Back Again
- Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pomegranate Cosmo from Supper For A Steal
- Poinsettia Mimosas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mulled Wine: Spiked and Steamy from Daddy Knows Less
- Poinsettia Cocktails from The Catholic Foodie
- The Red Carpet Diva from Cooking Underwriter
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Cheese Ball Wreath from The Meltaways
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts from My Catholic Kitchen
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Drunk Moose Meatballs from The Foodie Army Wife
- Smoked Salmon Blinis with Cranberry-Spiced Feta from Chattering Kitchen
- Sticky Wholegrain Mustard & Ginger Cocktail Sausages from girlichef
- Potato Leek Soup from What Smells So Good
- Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Bacon Peanut Caramel Corn from Gotta Get Baked
- Crostini topped with Voodoo Chicken Cream Dip from Country Girl in the Village
- Mushroom Strudel from Vintage Kitchen
- Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip from The ROXX Box
- Herbed Holiday Party Mix from Curious Cuisiniere
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch from Juanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese from Home Cooking Memories
- Cookie Dough Dip from The Cookie-A-Day Challenge
- Parmesan Onion Rounds from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip from Comfy Cuisine
- Indian Spiced Tuna Balls from Soni’s Food
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Festive Cucumber & Ginger Sushi Rolls from The Ninja Baker
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Ranch Dip from Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Brie from Family Foodie
- Hoistin Asisan Meatballs from Damn Delicious
In honor of the Sandy Hook victims and their families, we have cancelled our regularly scheduled #SundaySupper Chat this week.
Let this be a time when we renew our faith in the power of love and realize the importance of time with our families.