I’ve never really understood the appeal of peanut butter cups. It could be that I don’t eat peanut butter but I’m not sure that’s quite it. I just didn’t understand what was so great about a chocolate cup filled with peanut butter…until now.
Enter Biscoff Spread. Have you tried this before? I’ve heard about it for quite some time but I only recently found it in my local market. I made sure there weren’t any nuts in it and after reading the ingredients I was pretty excited to try it. It’s basically a butter made out of Biscoff cookies. Biscoff cookies are filled with spices and are delicious.
When I took the lid off of the Biscoff spread I was a little worried because it looked just like peanut butter. I grabbed a spoon and took a bite. It was so incredibly good! As soon as I realized I loved this cookie butter I wanted to make something with it. I didn’t have a lot in the house but I did have what I thought I needed to make Cookie Butter Cups.
I made these Cookie Butter Cups with just three ingredients. They were so good. The milk chocolate paired so nicely with the sweet and spiced cookie butter. They look exactly like peanut butter cups but don’t be fooled-it’s all cookie butter in there!
1. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler until it is melted.
2. Pour a tablespoon spoon of chocolate into each candy cup mold. Using the back of a spoon move the chocolate around so that the bottom and sides of each cup are covered in chocolate. After you do this with each mold bang the entire mold on the table several times to get out any air bubbles.
4. Roll the Biscoff mixture into small balls. Flatten the balls and place in the middle of each chocolate cup taking care that they do not touch the sides of the mold.
5. Pour chocolate over top of the Biscoff filling, covering it. Bang the mold on the table again to get out air bubbles.
6. Place the mold in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove, turn upside down, and pop out the Cookie Butter Cups.
7. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
*Makes 16 Cookie Butter Cups