A few months back I finally found a combination of gluten free flours that I could mix together to make wonderful baked goods. It takes 3 or 4 gluten free flours but the blend is out of this world. I can even make delicious sugar cookies with it.
Since then I’ve been experimenting with various gluten free flours to see what works and what doesn’t. So when I found a package on my doorstep and opened it up to find a collection of Bob’s Red Mill nut flours, I couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen and experiment with them! The one that intrigued me the most was the Bob’s Red Mill All Natural Hazelnut Flour because I have never baked with it before.
These hazelnut chocolate brownies are incredible. The brownie is soft and delicious with a slightly different texture from the hazelnut flour which is thicker then traditional flour. I think the flour gives the brownies a wonderfully nutty flavor. My husband had trouble believing they were gluten free because of how rich and chocolatey they were. These are winners for sure in my book!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until foamy. Add in the sugars and keep beating until smooth.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, unsweetened baking chocolate, and chocolate chips. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate to the egg mixture and stir until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine the hazelnut flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a 7 x 11 or 9 x 9 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Baking for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and cool for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Source: Jenn Cuisine
Want to win the same Bob’s Red Mill nut flours I received? Enter the Rafflecoptor giveaway and win a package of all 4 nut flours. Giveaway is open to residents of the United States and Canada.
Want some more nut flour recipes? I’ve collected 20 delicious nut flour recipes from my favorite food bloggers! Check them out:
Paleo Blueberry Muffins from Everyday Maven
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Cake (Gluten Free & Low Carb) from All Day I Dream About Food
Mini Chocolate Layer Cake with Strawberry Rhubarb Filling from Kitchen Tested
Greek Almond Cookies from Elly Says Opa!
Almond Apple Cake from Food Faith Fitness
Chewy Lemon Cookie Sandwiches from Texanerin Baking
Linzer Torte Thumbprints from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Apple and Almond Torte from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Cranberry Scones from An Edible Mosaic
Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Food Faith Fitness
Banana Bread Donuts from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Kitchen Tested
Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from Texanerin Baking
Dorie Greenspan’s Financiers from Eva Bakes
Madeleines from Elly Says Opa!
Tropical Mango Muffins from Snappy Gourmet
Chocolate Almond Flourless Cake from The Kitchen is My Playground
Triple Chocolate Coconut Hamantaschen from Kitchen Tested
Coconut-Chocolate Chunk Muffins from An Edible Mosaic
I received the nut flours from Bob’s Red Mill but all photos and opinions are 100% my own. Amazon Affiliate links are used in this post.